I would have to agree with Nicholas Carr on this. I mean we tend to use the internet more often to find information about it in books. I totally get why people do it online though because it is quicker than how you would look in a book for a day or two, than like a few minutes on a screen trying to get results.I think what Carr is saying in his essay is an idea that his idea is Google making us stupid is true and it is false. Google is like a web page that gives all the possible answers to that simple question. The funny thing is not all the web pages that Google provides great information. For example, Wikipedia is one that you can go into the site and change what it says which could be true or false. There is a lot of good things with Google, but there are bad things too you can’t help what information pops up on the screen if you look it up, for sure thing it will be present on your screen. The good thing about Google is you find results about the questions you needed answered, that is if the answer is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment